Friday, January 5, 2007

I ***never*** thought I'd say this

Me, of ALL people...the girl who LOVED living in Maine (winter from September to April - no joke).

Me, the girl who HATES summer, and would rather be cold than hot any day.

Me, the girl who loves the cold weather, the snow, the storms, everything that winter brings with it...

I never thought I'd say it in a million years, but I'm offically sick and tired of the snow.

It makes me sad to be sick of the snow, but I just want the gross, crusty, dirty snow to melt so that the 4"-8" we're supposed to get can actually look like a pretty winter wonderland instead of the ickiness that comes when you add a scoop of ice cream from a new container on top of a whole bowl of ice cream that is from the container with freezer burn. Ew...it's just not appealing.

I actually miss the 37 1/2" tall electrical box that sits in our front yard...it's 100% covered by snow. I miss being able to leisurely pull out of the driveway in the morning, rather than having to shimmy through a space just barely wide enough for one car while trying not to back up into one of the 2 foot high snow piles on either side. I'm getting a little annoyed about having to four-wheel it through streets and parking lots because of the snow ruts and random snow piles everywhere.

It's like a whole new world of blind spots has popped up, since they've plowed the streets (which is really nice), and plowed the snow into 6 foot or higher piles on the corners of all the streets. Our house faces south, which is nice, but it means that the north facing backyard might not actually melt until late Spring (since in Colorado, March is our snowiest month). Snow sticking around for months on end just doesn't happen here...clearly we're not in Kansas anymore.

So, there, I've said it...I feel like I've made my confession. I love the snow and will continue to favor fall and winter over all other seasons, but for now, as a result of Blizzards #1 and #2 and the impending snowstorm (which may bring up to 10" where we live), I'm SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS DAMN SNOW!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, as sick as you are of snow, I am about that sick of rain. Granted, it doesn't stick around as long, but if I could just get between my driveway and my house without getting soaked and having to change clothes it would be a big relief. Oh yeah, and I just don't have that many maternity clothes to change into. Anyway, keep the blog coming. It gives me a chance to stay entertained on long call nights at the hospital. Hope you are surving and see a thaw coming soon!
Only 7 more weeks until my little guys is due... and so many things on my "to do" list....
Miss you,
Annika

Laura said...

I've got tears! I miss you too! I can't believe you're going to be a mommy soon! It is truly the BEST thing in the entire world!

What did you learn today? said...

Quite a confession there girlfriend! I think I'll just keep my happy little, ok big, butt down here in Hou for a little while longer! I'm not eager to return to my north facing house!