Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hey! I have a blog!

I think about my blog all the time, but that's about as far as it goes.  All intentions toward actually writing seem to get pushed to the bottom of the ever-expanding to-do list.  Then lately I started thinking that there is SO much going on, especially now, that I want to remember it all in say, just a year from now.  I feel like the past few months have gone in the blink of an eye, yet were packed full with some of the most life-changing events ever. 

So to catch up...I posted last in February, after posting some "Monkey-isms" (a feature I've decided to continue), and after the announcement of our newest addition. 

Winter and Spring were fun.  We took our annual Steamboat ski trip and decided that week that we'd move Small Fry out of his crib.  When we got home, my parents offered us a bunk bed that was in their guest room.  In 24 hours, we painted the Monkey's old room so we could move in the bunk bed.  Just a week or so after getting back from vacation, the boys were sleeping together in the same room.  Small Fry's old room would remain the nursery. 

The Monkey also started in a soccer program with the local rec center.  It was okay.  Not great.  He didn't care that much, and we had no coach.  It was very disorganized, which I guess is to be expected with 4-year-olds, but I just didn't feel like we really got our money worth.  Plus we had to drive almost 25 minutes to get to the fields, and we had a lot of snowed out games.  Needless to say, we aren't going into organized sports again for a while. 

As Spring gave way to Summer, we continued preparing for baby, but enjoying our time as a family.  I started getting excited for Small Fry to start pre-school at the same place as Monkey.  They would be doing a summer-camp program and attending 3 days a week for 3 1/2 hours each day.  Small Fry was ready.  He wants to be exactly like his big brother, and I often (really) am asked if they are twins.  People are shocked when I respond that in fact, they're 23 months apart. 
A quick picture as we headed out for the first day of summer pre-school  
I had nothing to worry about.  Small Fry loved preschool and it was incredibly nice to have a few mornings each week to do my own thing.  The time always seemed to pass too quickly though.  Also in June, hubby decided to leave his job and pursue a new opportunity.  I was excited, because the insurance change would kick in when I was 35 weeks pregnant, just in time to deliver at the hospital of my choice and use the doctors I'd previously used with Monkey and Small Fry. 

The rest of the summer was busy with keeping cool (pregnant in a house with no air-conditioning is not so fun), swimming at the club pool, visiting the zoo and enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. 

As August wound down, we knew our newest addition was just over the horizon.  The boys were anxious to meet their new brother, even shouting at my belly, "COME OUT NOW BABY!".  Due to high blood pressure and being just a few days away from my due date, I chose to have an induction. 

Our Split Pea was born on September 2nd, and his arrival would affect our family in ways we never expected...

No comments: