Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shhh...I have a secret!

Well, it's not so much a secret anymore, but our family of four is going to soon be expanding to a family of five!

We're not very far along yet, only 9 weeks, but after seeing a baby with a heartbeat and all, I breathed the biggest sigh of relief imaginable (I've had two miscarriages, one in March '07 and one in June '09).

Our latest addition is due to arrive in early September, which is super exciting since Small Fry and the Monkey have January and February birthdays...no more joint birthday parties!

I don't have anything else exciting to share right now, but I'll be sure to keep updating as the appointments progress.

I must say, telling the Monkey was lots of fun, because now that he's almost 4, he has MANY more questions about the baby growing in mommy's belly then he did when he was two (when his brother was born). He did ask if the baby was going to grow into my lungs (he is fascinated by the human body, science nerd like his mama).

Happy weekend all!

4 comments:

SarahB said...

Congratulations! I was wondering with your recent tweets about not feeling well. Wishing you a happy and uncomplicated pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Blessings to you and your new life :)

Keri @ Spirit of Power said...

I just can't stop squeeing every time I think of it!!
Weeeeeee!

Lily of the Valley said...

Congrats. We don't know each other personally, but I wanted to say 'hi' to someone who lives in the same area. So, "hello!"