Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So, where can I buy more time?

I'm still figuring this whole sort of stay-at-home mom, part-time working mom thing. Boy #2 is four months old on Friday, and Boy #1 is starting pre-school of sorts on Monday. He'll be going three mornings a week, and I'll be going in to my "real" job two of those mornings...but bringing boy #2 with me. Confused yet? I guess I'll just try it for a while, and I'm still a little sad that #1 is growing up so fast - I'm going to totally miss him, but I know he'll have tons of fun and love getting to be with other kids. There is no basis for this fear, but I sure am hoping he's "good" and doesn't hit or throw things at the other kids. I SO don't want to be "that" mom, lol.

That all said, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fit in the rest of my life. #2 is pretty high maintenance, so lately I've only been able to spend time in my studio when both boys are asleep, which is usually from about 9 pm - 1 am. I've got millions of ideas floating through my head right now, and I'm hoping that i have some time to work soon!

Also, custom orders have been consistently streaming in, which is keeping me busy, but the other stuff that I "want" to do is also piling up. I've got about 5 quilts I want to make, and right now I'm totally obsessed with baby pants. I want to be able to set up a few listings where customers can choose the size they want, since I'm seeing that larger sizes (like 12 months and up) are likely going to be more popular. I'm hoping to also make a bunch of "mix and match" type sets with pants and matching appliqued onesies...ahhh...now, I just need more of that TIME to actually get all of it done!

No comments: